Tax Reporting FOR INVESTORS
Your Personal T5013 Tax Slip
If you are a WCSB investor, your T5013 tax slip with respect to your investment is due to be sent to you on or before March 31, 2014. These T5013s are sent to you directly from your investment advisors' back office. If you have not received your T5013 or if you require a reprint by April 5, 2014, please contact your investment advisor.
In addition to your T5013, the following forms are used in
preparing the tax deductions related to your investment in WCSB. These
forms are also available for download off the Canada Revenue Agency's
- Form T1229 (Statement of Resource Expenses and Depletion Allowance)
- Form T5004 (Claim for tax shelter loss or deduction)
Important Links & Tax Related Information
(1) Tax Summary Reports provide estimated
issue cost deductions and other tax deductions for the current and
future years. These reports are created for current funds only. Please refer to your personal T5013A each year to review the actual tax deduction amounts.
(2) Issue Cost Deduction letters are provided for our divested funds
and for the 2012 year and beyond. Please note that any 2011 or
previous year deductions were included on your personal T5013A tax slip.
(3) Please refer to the WCSB 2010 & 2010-II Fund Investor Update Re: Tax Reporting with respect to reporting the WCSB Oil & Gas Royalty Income 2010‐II Limited Partnership and WCSB Oil & Gas Royalty Income 2010 Limited Partnership special distributions distributed in the 2012 tax year.
The information on this page is not to be considered tax advice. WCSB
reminds you that each individual's tax and investment planning situation
is unique and professional advice should always be received from a
qualified tax and/or investment advisor. We strongly recommend that your
consult with your tax advisor to determine the optimal use of these tax
deductions as well as the impact to you, if any, with respect to either
alternative minimum tax or cumulative net investment losses.
Visit our tax calculators page to calculate your tax deduction on your WCSB investments or determine the ACB on your investment.
frequently asked questions
How much is my tax deduction for the year in which I invest?